For the fifth consecutive time, our wireless network was rated No. 1 in overall network performance among the four national wireless companies in the United States by RootMetrics in its National Rootscore Report.
How we ranked
In addition to overall performance, Verizon’s network was ranked highest for the fifth consecutive testing period in reliability, data and call performance. We also won network speed performance for the fourth consecutive time and shared a first place ranking in text performance.
So, just how handily did our network outscore the competition? We outrank all competitors, ranking first or tied for first with the most wins or ties in all six state categories:
- 46 states for Overall Performance (vs. 11 wins/ties for nearest competitors)
- 47 states for Network Reliability (vs. 20 win/ties for nearest competitors)
- 44 states for Data Performance (vs. 9 win/ties for nearest competitors)
- 41 states for Network Speed (vs. 10 win/ties for nearest competitors)
- 45 states for Call Performance (vs. 23 win/ties for nearest competitors)
- 49 states for Text Performance (including the most outright wins at 10)